Chronological List of Articles On Or Related To Stem Cell Research
by Dr. Norman Ende, M.D. And Associates
Dr Milton Ende (brother of Dr. Norman Ende) describes a use of umbilical cord blood to try to inhibit the growth of a malignancy in a patient who had been diagnosed with lymphangiosarcoma.
2. Hematopoietic Transplantation By Means Of Fetal Cord Blood
A series of transfusions of umbilical cord blood was used to establish a hematopoietic transplant in a patient with acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
3. Fetal Cord Blood’s Potential For Bone Marrow Transplant
The authors were able to produce an apparently successful bone marrow transplant by using umbilical cord blood.
4. Spotlight On Cord Blood Transplant Reminds Them Of A VA Med First
The Virginia Medical Monthly published the original article on use of umbilical cord blood for bone marrow transplantation and raised the possibility of umbilical cord blood banks. This letter addresses this fact.
5. Production Of Human To Mouse Xenografts
It has been possible to create in irradiated animals a human to mouse xenograft using human umbilical cord blood.
6. Correspondence: Collection Of Umbilical Cord Blood For Transplantation
Dr. Ende writes a letter to a journal editor (Blood, Vol80, No 6 (September 15), 1992: pp 1623-1631) concerning legal, ethical, and medical questions regarding the harvesting of cord blood.
7. Murine Survival Of Lethal Irradiation With Use Of Human Umbilical Cord Blood
Human Umbilical Cord Blood (HUCB) was injected into mice prior to being subjected to irradiation. After 50 days, 70% of the injected mice were still alive, while 100% of an uninjected control group did not survive. The implications favor protecting humans from the effects of irradiation by means of HUCB.
8. The Lancet – History Of Umbilical Cord Blood Transplantation
9. Correspondence: Cord Blood Collection – Effects On Newborns
10. Effect Of Human Cord Blood On SJL/J Mice After Chemoablation And Irradiation
11. The Effect Of Human Cord Blood On SJL/J Mice
12.Questions To Be Answered About Umbilical Cord Blood
14. Use Of Human Umbilical Cord Blood For Stem Cell Transplantation
15. Auto-Immunity And Aids – A Commentary
16. Potential For Clinical Use Of Viable Pluripotent Progenitor Cells In Blood Bank Stored Human Umbilical Cord Blood
17. The Feasibility Of Using Blood Bank Stored Cord Blood – Unmatched For HLA – For Marrow Transplantation
18. Endogenous Hematopoiec Reconstitution Induced By Human Umbilical Cord Blood Cells In Immunocomprimised Mice-Implications For Adoptive Therapy
19. The Potential For The Use Of Mononuclear Cells From Human Umbilical Cord Blood In The Treatment Of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis In SOD 1 Mice
20. The Berashis Cell – A Review – Is It Similar To The Embryonic Stem Cell
21. Human Umbilical Cord Blood Effect On SOD Mice – Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
22. Human Umbilical Cord Blood Cells Ameliorate Huntingtons Disease In Transgenic Mice
23. Human Umbilical Cord Blood Cells Ameliorate Alzheimers Disease In Transgenic Mice
24. Pooled Umbilical Cord Blood As A Possible Universal Donor For Marrow Reconstitution And Use In Nuclear Accidents
25. Commentary – Berashis Cells In Human Umbilical Cord Blood Vs Embryonic Stem Cells
26. Parkinson’s Disease Mice And Human Umbilical Cord Blood
27. NOD-LtJ Type 1 Diabetes In Mice And The Effect Of Stem Cells – Berashis – Derived From Human Umbilical Cord Blood
28. Effect Of Human Cord Blood Mononuclear Cells On Preclinical Prostate Cancer Mice
29. Effect Of Human Umbilical Cord Blood Cells On Glycemia And Insulitis In Type 1 Diabetic Mice
30. Transplantation Of Human Umbilical Cord Blood Cells Improves Glycemia And Glomerular Hypertophy In Type 2 Diabetic Mice
31. The Effect Of Human Cord Blood Mononuclear Cells On Mouse Animal Model B6 V-Lepob Type 2 Diabetes
32. Administration Of Human Umbilical Cord Blood Cells Delays The Onset Of Prostate Cancer And Increases The Lifespan Of The Tramp Mouse
33. The Time Of Clamping The Umbilical Cord – A Controversial Aspect Of Stem Cell Research
34. Administration Of Human Umbilical Cord Blood To Low Birth Weight Infants May Prevent The Subsequent Development Of Type 2 Diabetes
35. Collection Of Fetal Blood For Stem Cell Research And Therapy
36. The Ende Brothers And The Arcane History Of The First Umbilical Cord Blood Hematapoietic Stem Cell Transplant
37. Prevention Of Atherosclerosis In LDL Receptor Mutant Mice By Human Umbilical Cord Blood Cells
38. Human Umbilical Cord Treatment Of United States Soldiers Following Neurological Injury
39. The Effect Of Human Umbilical Cord Blood Therapy On The Intestinal Tract Of Lethally Irradiated Mice
40. Administration Of Human Umbilical Cord Blood Cells Produces Interleukin 10 In IL-10 Deficient Mice
Use of Human Umbilical Cord Blood for Stem Cell Transplantation
Chapter 17 in Levitt’s and Mertelsmann’s “Hematopoietic Stem Cells”
42. Emergency Use Of Umbilical Cord Blood
The Effect Of A Megadose Of Human Umbilical Cord Blood Mononuclear Cells On Huntington’s Disease Mice
The Effect Of A Megadose Of Human Umbilical Cord Blood Mononuclear Cells On Alzheimer’s Disease Mice
Effect Of Human Umbilical Cord Blood On Mice With Parkinson Disease
Human Umbilical Cord Blood Mononuclear Cells And Mice With Type 1 Diabetes
Delayed Onset Of Prostate Adenocarcinoma In Transgenic Mice By Use Of Human Umbilical Cord Blood
Effect Of Human Cord Blood Mononuclear Cells On Preclinical Prostate Cancer Mice Tramp
Human Umbilical Cord Blood Cell Administrations Reduction Of Atherosclerotic Plaques In The LDLR Mouse Without Immunosuppression
Effect Of Human Cord Blood Mononuclear Cells On Mouse Model B6 V-LEPOB Type 2 Diabetes